Local Gentry
Music Discussion
What The Hell Happened....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Topic Tags 
There are no Forum Tags

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Local Gentry Forum Index -> -> The Place For Everything Else!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hrtshpdbox

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:44 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

mathew wrote:
Take it up with Ian , he pays the bills around here, i don't give a fuck.

Good, I'm only speaking rhetorically anyway, not to you personally.

Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime. - Potter Stewart
silver machine

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Internet discussion forum cliche #27: starting a "where did that thread go?" complaint thread. Laughing

Gooooood stuff.
hrtshpdbox

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:38 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

silver machine wrote:
Internet discussion forum cliche #27: starting a "where did that thread go?" complaint thread. Laughing

Gooooood stuff.

Internet Boo-Boo 101: Having your first post be an overt criticism of another boardmember.

Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime. - Potter Stewart
silver machine

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:42 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

hrtshpdbox

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:01 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

How long must I endure this monstrous attack ?? Moderator, moderator, prithee heal this damaging wound, I cannot function 'til this vile offense is removed from the board forever ! Oh the agony, delete away, fine arbiter !

Becky

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:20 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Jerry, I spoke to Ian about the thread. I told him I locked it. He told me to delete it. You can take it up with him if you have a problem with it.
zelilgirlI1ncenu

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:13 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

hrtshpdbox wrote:
mathew wrote:
Nope, people were being obnoxious, myself included, it would have escalated, and because no one would have backed down...and I guess people got trigger happy on high...

Oh, pre-emptive censorship, something offensive was going to happen. Even better ! Maybe it was really just a ruse to kill Sebs post, ya think?

I dunno what happened Jerry, but once again I would like to join ranks with you on this issue. You are more eloquent than I on the matter, and I wish to express my full support on this. The last I saw of it is possibly where you left off. Sebastian was writing to Jeff to tell him he was in no way a gossip spreader. I saw nothing else. So Preemptive it may have been I dunno.

One thing is sure and has not changed, I personally find some things far more offensive than exchange of bad language on this or any other forum, but hey, that's just me.

And Jerry, I am sorry to be the only one to support you in this, I wish there were others, and thank God we had disagreements on the board before on other matters.
zelilgirlI1ncenu

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:14 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

hrtshpdbox wrote:
How long must I endure this monstrous attack ?? Moderator, moderator, prithee heal this damaging wound, I cannot function 'til this vile offense is removed from the board forever ! Oh the agony, delete away, fine arbiter !

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing x 1000000000000
zelilgirlI1ncenu

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:22 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

[b]The Record Room
Moderators: None
[/b]

Ian this sounds really good, we all have done pretty cool so far, and sorry to be a nuisance. The world does not revolve around people who claim offense (whoever they may be, in this case I have no clue, and dont want to know).

Verbal offense does not necessarily imply bad language, as you know.

I am "offended" by other non verbal behaviour on this board all the time, I get over it, because at the end of the day, are we really "offended" by what people say on a message board, in fact can we and/or should we be?
Becky

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:28 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

But Dani, even though you may be cool with it, those who are involved in having abuse hurled at them may not be!
The Grand Fromage

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:28 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Well people came onto this board who I have no knowledge of me whatsoever, slag me off personally, and slo I'm fucking glad the thread was removed end of.

Over and Out.
Becky

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:29 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

zelilgirlI1ncenu wrote:
I get over it, because at the end of the day, are we really "offended" by what people say on a message board, in fact can we and/or should we be?

But isn't that up to Ian, who wanted to set a friendly tone here?
darkandweary

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

zelilgirlI1ncenu wrote:
hrtshpdbox wrote:
mathew wrote:
Nope, people were being obnoxious, myself included, it would have escalated, and because no one would have backed down...and I guess people got trigger happy on high...

Oh, pre-emptive censorship, something offensive was going to happen. Even better ! Maybe it was really just a ruse to kill Sebs post, ya think?

I dunno what happened Jerry, but once again I would like to join ranks with you on this issue. You are more eloquent than I on the matter, and I wish to express my full support on this. The last I saw of it is possibly where you left off. Sebastian was writing to Jeff to tell him he was in no way a gossip spreader. I saw nothing else. So Preemptive it may have been I dunno.

One thing is sure and has not changed, I personally find some things far more offensive than exchange of bad language on this or any other forum, but hey, that's just me.

And Jerry, I am sorry to be the only one to support you in this, I wish there were others, and thank God we had disagreements on the board before on other matters.

100% agree with Jerrys stance on this. The same mistakes are just being made again.
darkandweary

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:45 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

mathew wrote:
Well people came onto this board who I have no knowledge of me whatsoever, slag me off personally, and slo I'm fucking glad the thread was removed end of.

Over and Out.

You gave as good as you got. Get over it Very Happy
The Grand Fromage

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:49 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

darkandweary wrote:
mathew wrote:

Over and Out.

You gave as good as you got. Get over it Very Happy

Embarassed
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Local Gentry Forum Index -> -> The Place For Everything Else! All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: