Local Gentry
Music Discussion
What are you reading right now?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Topic Tags 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Local Gentry Forum Index -> -> The Place For Everything Else!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luther

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:18 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

"I don't think that the American species is so debased that they have given up on all hope of a cultural life. It's just that they have no concept of how to achieve it ... [S]tuff in a museum is dead. It's cultural necrophilia."

- Frank Zappa
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Nick

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:34 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

[quote="Chris DDo you like it? I read Less Than Zero and American Psycho. Less Than Zero was pretty bad, but showed potential. It was obviously a first novel. There are things I like more about the movie of AP, but the book was still pretty tremendous.[/quote]

Still haven't gotten to it yet, the Ford book is really good but dense actually. I picked it up when I was in the E's at the library-- because you had mentioned Ellis and because Gore Vidal said it was good.
Evenreven

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Very interesting, especially how the mafia has been an integral part of Sicilian politics since the late 19th century - and all Italian politics some time after that. Italian political history interests me a lot since it seems completely chaotic to me. Some of the Italian-American connections in the book - although they're not the primary subject - are interesting too.
DavidLeeRoth

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:45 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

DLR
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Local Gentry Forum Index -> -> The Place For Everything Else! All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: