Local Gentry
Music Discussion
THIS BOARD WILL SELF-DESTRUCT IN 60 SECONDS...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Topic Tags 
There are no Forum Tags

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Local Gentry Forum Index -> -> The Record Room
View previous topic :: View next topic  
halle2wah

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: THIS BOARD WILL SELF-DESTRUCT IN 60 SECONDS... If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

...er, not really, but just in case anybody missed it in the other forum, this is an email Ian sent to me:

Quote:
My account's dead too, which is the admin account,
therefore board=dead! Can you post on the board that
this has happened, and that a new board has to be
started?

So I guess we're going to be moving shop again. For the time being, it seems like there's nothing wrong with the actual CONTENT of this board, just with the individual accounts, so if anybody would like to save any of the writings we've done on here so far, it would probably be a good idea to do so soon.

Assuming I can continue to log in, I will keep you all posted when Ian finds a new residence for the community.

www.myspace.com/thenovaheatband
TakeThree

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

http://s3.excoboard.com/exco/index.php?boardid=5424
TakeThree

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

That's from an email from Ian. New board. Pass it on.
MoogDroog

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:18 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Came here to get the address for the other board

For what it's worth, i couldn't log in before but can now - just thought that might be of interest..
hrtshpdbox

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:19 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Yep, I'm able to sign on as well. Maybe it's a ruse to draw everyone back, and then let the glitches begin anew.

Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime. - Potter Stewart
Pat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I can log in now too...... See?
hrtshpdbox

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Unfortunately, I can NOT see the new board from the office. Are there enough people here to play a few hands of poker (I really don't want to work for a living, y'see) ?

Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime. - Potter Stewart
Pat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Seems to be a ghost town here.
halleluwah

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:12 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I can log in and post too. This is pretty cool; I'd been hoping I could come back and save some of my PMs that I'd thought were lost, and I just had the opportunity to do so.

It's a MIRACLE!!!

hrtshpdbox

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I wonder if the problem, whatever it was, is solved; was it sabotage or just technology gone haywire? The record collecting site I read recently had to shut down for several weeks; some evil trojan was corrupting not just the site, but the computers of the site's members, and it took them forever to figure out how to proceed. Not fun.

alan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

yup - its working again. We are the board with two boards!!!!! Laughing
Pat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I wonder if people would rather just stay here (assuming that everyone is now able to properly log in)? Considering all the old threads are here and the layout/look is, I think, a bit nicer. Doesn't matter too much to me ultimately, whatever people want to do.
hrtshpdbox

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Pat wrote:
I wonder if people would rather just stay here (assuming that everyone is now able to properly log in)?

It's really important, I'd think, that Ian or somebody know why the board screwed up to start with. Maybe it would just implode again after everyone got back (and that would be dispiriting).

halleluwah

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Well, apparently it's still not working for EVERYBODY. Jeff said he still coudn't log in here, for instance. So if there are people who still can't log in, I guess it's not an option anyway. The new board's fine.

hrtshpdbox

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

halleluwah wrote:
The new board's fine.

Yeah, 'cept I can't even see it until I get home at nights.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Local Gentry Forum Index -> -> The Record Room All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: