Local Gentry
Music Discussion
THE WHO Rare Stuff
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Topic Tags 
There are no Forum Tags

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Local Gentry Forum Index -> -> The Record Room
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IanWagner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: THE WHO Rare Stuff If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Coming soon:
The Who opening for Herman's Hermits in Dallas, July 1967, and a short show from Wedgewood Amusement Park, Oklahoma City, 1968.
Jeff Mason

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: THE WHO Rare Stuff If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

IanWagner wrote:
Coming soon:
The Who opening for Herman's Hermits in Dallas, July 1967, and a short show from Wedgewood Amusement Park, Oklahoma City, 1968.

"Wedgewood Amusement Park"??

What the &#@* is that????

I shall return shortly from Google....
dauntless9

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: THE WHO Rare Stuff If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

IanWagner wrote:
Coming soon:

The crowd reaction to The Who smashing their equipment makes it worth a listen.

- "Hey, I'm a big fan of hard panning, what can I say."
IanWagner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Exactly, best audience reaction ever.
Jeff Mason

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Well, whadaya know -- OKC history I didn't even ever hear of -- it was a park that closed before I was born (barely) and no one ever talked about it among my friends for me to hear of it. So there you go. The fact that the Who played there figures prominently in the nostalgia sites.
IanWagner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Yeah, I think the Yardbirds played there too.
Beckner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Odd And Sods Original CD version
Who's Missing
Two's Missing
Sings My Generation (Mono)
A Quick One 1996 remix
Meaty Beaty Big and Bouncy
Alternate Rarities
Magic Bus

Mostly not rare but whatever.
alan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Beckner wrote:
Odd And Sods Original CD version
Who's Missing
Two's Missing
Sings My Generation (Mono)
A Quick One 1996 remix
Meaty Beaty Big and Bouncy
Alternate Rarities
Magic Bus

Mostly not rare but whatever.

Thanks - I only have the Who's Missing on vinyl and never got around to volume 2.

What is the thing about the original CD of Odds N Sods that makes it interesting rather than the newer version (which was fine as far as I could see - loads more tracks etc...) that makes it of interest?
Beckner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:15 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

original mixes, correct running order, better sounding CD volume wise.
IanWagner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Original mixes, as opposed to the monstrosities on the new version. To me, that new Odds was the worst of the whole lot for revisonism that improved nothing, had tons of inaccuracies in the credits etc. Don't even get me started on changing the running order.
Beckner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

You owe me a Coke.

("Things go better with COKE. COCA COLA.")
IanWagner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

http://www.sendspace.com/file/apsh5y

The Cry Blue Murder bootleg. First five songs Oklahoma, the rest from Dallas. Great version of Love Hurts. The sound shall win no awards, but oh well. I dig it.
Fancy Lad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: THE WHO Rare Stuff If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

IanWagner wrote:
Coming soon:
The Who opening for Herman's Hermits in Dallas, July 1967

My stepdad was at that show, believe it or not! I'll have to send him a copy of this ...
alan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

IanWagner wrote:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/apsh5y

The Cry Blue Murder bootleg. First five songs Oklahoma, the rest from Dallas. Great version of Love Hurts. The sound shall win no awards, but oh well. I dig it.

Ah - I do have some of the Dallas stuff but not the rest - thanks!
alan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

IanWagner wrote:
Original mixes, as opposed to the monstrosities on the new version. To me, that new Odds was the worst of the whole lot for revisonism that improved nothing, had tons of inaccuracies in the credits etc. Don't even get me started on changing the running order.

But it DID have a whole bunch of stuff that was unreleased or rare, nearly doubling the running time.

The running order bothered me to start with but with the extra tracks it made sense. I haven't listened to it much since I bought it though so I had never really noticed anything wrong with the mixes. I'm not entirely sure I even played the ones from the original album more than once if that, so I'll take your word for it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Local Gentry Forum Index -> -> The Record Room All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: