Local Gentry
Music Discussion
The Elvis Costello Upload Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Topic Tags 
There are no Forum Tags

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Local Gentry Forum Index -> -> The Record Room
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joel5000

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: The Elvis Costello Upload Thread If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Starting off with a KILLER Elvis Costello and the Attractions show from 1977. Great performance and stunning sound quality. This was recorded for FM broadcast, but this source is direct from the pre-FM master, not taped off the air.

Elvis Costello and the Attractions
Live at the Agora, Cleveland, OH.
December 5, 1977

Welcome to the Working Week
Red Shoes
Hand in Hand
Waiting for the End of the World
No Action
Less Than Zero
The Beat
No Dancing
Big Tears
Blame It on Cain
Little Triggers
Radio Radio
You Belong to Me
Pump It Up
Lipstick Vogue
Watching the Detectives
Miracle Man
Mystery Dance

Part 1
http://www.sendspace.com/file/fz8qm5

Part 2
http://www.sendspace.com/file/h66r7i

Enjoy the music!

Last edited by Joel5000 on Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Summ-a-Briz'

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

sweet!
I can up a get-happy era show (hope and anchor)--
the only Elvis Boot have at this point...
hrtshpdbox

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

You're not kidding about the good sound quality, Joel. Nice version of Less Than Zero, gotta love the Attractions when they were just starting to stretch their legs. Beautiful (at least up through Big Tears, anyway)!

Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime. - Potter Stewart
Joel5000

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:07 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Part 2 of the Agora show is now up in the initial post.

Summ-A-Briz, by all means, please post the Hope and Anchor. I think I have that show on a cd-r somewhere, but its been a while since I've heard it.

Jerry, glad you're enjoying it. There are a lot of '77 shows in good quality, but that one might be my favorite.

I'm going to skip around in posting these shows, but I'll probably put up a solo show from '84 next. Time to dig into the archives . . .
Dude'll Doo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:02 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

December 7th, 1977-The Hot Club, Phila, PA
This is also radio broadcast quality, from WMMR FM, Phila, PA.
Early show

Tracks
Welcome To The Working Week (1:22)
Red Shoes (2:26)
Waiting For The End Of The World (4:13)
No Action (1:58)
Less Than Zero (3:18)
The Beat (3:43)
Friction (4:05)
Blame It On Cain (3:06)
Little Triggers (3:10)
Radio Radio (2:40)
You Belong To Me (2:47)
Lipstick Vogue (3:12)
Watching The Detectives (4:58)
Pump It Up (2:42)
Miracle Man (3:57)
Mystery Dance (3:10)

http://download.yousendit.com/21A9C2CE7543261A
alan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:47 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

All these are at the Nargothebort site and you can get them here;

http://nargothebortsdeviantsubculture.blogspot.com/search/label/Elvis%20Costello

Elvis Costello 4/12/1979 I Stand Accused @ 192
Elvis Costello 1978 Live At The El Mocambo @ 320
Elvis Costello HEATWAVE FESTIVAL,MOSPORT AUG.23,1980 @ 320
Elvis Costello Elvis Costello - 10/17/83 - Riot Act @ 160
Elvis Costello 10/06/83 Glasgow @ 320
Elvis Costello 07/07/78 Winterland San Francisco @ 320
Elvis Costello 06/08/94 Central Park Summerstage New York @ 320
Elvis Costello 05/14/80 London BBC FM @ 320

Lots of GREAT shows.
Can't believe Jeff has never heard him... Shocked
Beckner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:35 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

virtually no picture, but EC covering "Hey Bulldog" on his last tour.

Anyone have a good mp3?
Jeff Mason

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:12 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

alan wrote:

Can't believe Jeff has never heard him... Shocked

Well,

-- no one I know listens to him

-- he doesn't get much discussion around where I hang out

-- I am late getting to know non-60's rock

-- Plus when I first saw his image and name in 1978 in Colorado, I assumed he was just trying to use the other Elvis' name and image to further his career and in my 8 year old logic decided that this guy must not be cool to steal the real Elvis' identity.

So it just never happened.

Put it this way -- I have been relentlessly listening to the Parallel Lines LP in that stash my friend gave me, so I am definitely changing on that time period. Blondie is my current thing (I had just heard the singles); I could see Elvis being in the queue for passionate listening.
Beckner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:52 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Anyone else a fan of this one? I'm not normally one to push a best of but THIS is actually how I got a handhold on Elvis Costello. I still have my cd-r from the public library from 8 years ago. Knocked me and all my pop nerd friends out.
MoogDroog

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

This is how i got into him:

Really great tracklisting.

Thanks for these live shows - i can't get enough of the El Mocambo cd and i can't wait to hear more!
Fancy Lad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:08 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

MoogDroog wrote:
This is how i got into him:

Really great tracklisting.

Thanks for these live shows - i can't get enough of the El Mocambo cd and i can't wait to hear more!

Girls Girls Girls also is how I got into Elvis. It was new then, and all my high school friends hated it because it wasn't Aerosmith. (They also thought the Beatles sucked, but they did turn me onto Neil Young via "Cortez" when I was on acid once.) It's the best Elvis comp I know of.

It finally hit me that Summ-a-Briz's sig is from that Sundays song. Man, I used to love that.
IanWagner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

My parents read about Aim a while before it came out here, and bought it when it did. So I never really had a choice. I've had every one since right on release.
alan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

IanWagner wrote:
My parents read about Aim a while before it came out here, and bought it when it did. So I never really had a choice. I've had every one since right on release.

The US release was different to the UK (actually I think they all were to start with...) wasn't it - was Watching The Detectives added?

The UK 45 sleeves were great - Accidents Will Happen had the picture sleeve on the inside of the bag... Laughing

The UK Armed Forces was this great fold out thing. Free singles with albums 2 and 3 as well...

sigh.....
IanWagner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Yeah, it had Detectives. My favourite track, even when I didn't know it was a different band.

Yeah, that AWH single is great. Talking In The Dark and Wednesday Week!
Artie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:44 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Beckner wrote:

Anyone else a fan of this one? I'm not normally one to push a best of but THIS is actually how I got a handhold on Elvis Costello. I still have my cd-r from the public library from 8 years ago. Knocked me and all my pop nerd friends out.

One of the greatest CDs I've ever owned. A great collection. A great retrospective-and it was this one that turned me on to his "A Good Year For The Roses" - one of my favorite moody songs of all time...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Local Gentry Forum Index -> -> The Record Room All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: