Local Gentry
Music Discussion
"Talking about the past is the lowest form of conversat

Topic Tags 
There are no Forum Tags

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Local Gentry Forum Index -> -> The Place For Everything Else!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zelilgirlI1ncenu

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:17 am    Post subject: "Talking about the past is the lowest form of conversat If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I may not be quoting correctly but Tony Soprano says something like this in the latest series.

I catch myself constantly evoking the past in order to illustrate musical points,and have to wonder whether Tony is right, and he is quite sharp.
Rob

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:48 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I'm not sure the philosophical speculations of a gangster, even a fictional one, are something to which too much credence should be attached. Having said that I'm hopelessly nostalgic and given to reminiscence and I don't suppose it is an altogether healthy state of mind, from a practical point of view anyway.
Jeff Mason

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:50 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Don't we constantly do that on this site? Since most of us got here by talking about old music, you know....

It would seem Tony Soprano would not approve of this site, then.
Rob

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:02 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Jeff Mason wrote:

Ooh 'eck, should we be worried?! Laughing
hrtshpdbox

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Rob wrote:
Jeff Mason wrote:

No, since this is the same guy who said "Revenge is like serving cold cuts". Daniele, maybe something's lost in translation, but I don't think Tony was supposed to be particularly perceptive; good survival instincts, yes, and more on the ball than some of his associates, but hardly a great thinker.

Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime. - Potter Stewart
zelilgirlI1ncenu

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

hrtshpdbox wrote:
Rob wrote:
Jeff Mason wrote:

No, since this is the same guy who said "Revenge is like serving cold cuts". Daniele, maybe something's lost in translation, but I don't think Tony was supposed to be particularly perceptive; good survival instincts, yes, and more on the ball than some of his associates, but hardly a great thinker.

Yep, I guess that's what I Mean by "sharp".

And I think Tony would do quite well on this site considering his interest in Pink Floyd, and 70's music in general.

I am glad to see that my favourite character, Paulie, survived the massacre. But how sad for Ton.
Rob McCabe

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Jeff Mason wrote:
Don't we constantly do that on this site? Since most of us got here by talking about old music, you know....

I have one thing to say to Mr. Soprano:

"Yo, Tony! bring it on, baby!!!"
zelilgirlI1ncenu

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:58 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

This is really an invite to having impersonators on the board, cough, cough....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Local Gentry Forum Index -> -> The Place For Everything Else! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: