Local Gentry
Music Discussion
Syd's Floyd - BBC Sessions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Topic Tags 
There are no Forum Tags

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Local Gentry Forum Index -> -> The Record Room
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fancy Lad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I was listening to the Copenhagen and Stockholm shows from the Have You Got It Yet set today, and considering all that I've read to tell me otherwise Syd doesn't sound all that out of it, judging by his guitar work anyway (vocals are practically nonexistent). (Or is that actually Gilmour?)

But, Christ, were they LOUD.
IanWagner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Both those shows are great.
Fancy Lad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:50 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

IanWagner wrote:

Yeah, I can kinda hear Bowie getting some of his Man Who Sold the World act from live Syd Floyd.
IanWagner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Capt. Bringdown wrote:
IanWagner wrote:

Yeah, I can kinda hear Bowie getting some of his Man Who Sold the World act from live Syd Floyd.

Not to mention The Velvets' White Light album, even down to the bass disappearing for a bit on She Shook Me Cold as it did on I Heard Her Call My Name. My fave Bowie album.
Fancy Lad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

IanWagner wrote:
My fave Bowie album.

Mine also, by far. I am not a big fan of a lot of his stuff, but that one knocks me out. "Black Country Rock" is fucking killer, right down to the weird giggling.
IanWagner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:06 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Quote:
the weird giggling.

Bolan!!

I'd think you'd love the searing, trashy garage guitar on the Diamond Dogs album.
Fancy Lad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

IanWagner wrote:
Quote:
the weird giggling.

Bolan!!

I'd think you'd love the searing, trashy garage guitar on the Diamond Dogs album.

Well, I like "Rebel, Rebel" well enough. Diamond Dogs is the only '70s Bowie album I haven't heard. He just really isn't my thing, athough there are several albums by him I love, like Station to Station, Low and his work on The Idiot and Lust for Life. And, TMWSTW, of course.
IanWagner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Well, even if you hate it, you gotta hear Diamond Dogs. I'll upload it for kicks.
Fancy Lad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Cool! I do wanna hear it.
dead parrot

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:03 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Fancy Lad wrote:

But, Christ, were they LOUD.

I was lucky enough to talk to someone who saw Pink Floyd at a show at the Bournemouth Winter Gardens in November 1967, during the package tour with Jimi Hendrix headlining. He had quite vivid memories of Pink Floyd's set, which he described to me as "f***ing loud", but what i'll remember most is his description of Syd as being "not very into it", and looking like "he wanted to be just about anywhere else but there".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Local Gentry Forum Index -> -> The Record Room All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: