Local Gentry
Music Discussion
Ripping Vinyl to Computer

Topic Tags 
There are no Forum Tags

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Local Gentry Forum Index -> -> The Record Room
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris D.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:15 am    Post subject: Ripping Vinyl to Computer If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I've been trying to rip some records to my computer, but I get a buzzing sound which seems to be coming from my external pre-amp. It's only noticeable before and after songs, or during a quiet part in a song, but it's still really annoying. My computer is across the room from my stereo, so I have the pre-amp and computer connected with a couple extensions. I moved my turntable and pre-amp to eliminate the extensions, but the buzzing still happened. I also tried plugging my pre-amp into its own outlet to see if any other electronics were conflicting with the sound, like a dimmer switch can. I still heard the buzzing. The solution is probably simple, but I have no idea. So has anyone had this problem and fixed it?
King of Anglia

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Sounds like you need to earth both the record player and pre amp. They should have an earth socket type thing on them, just run some wire from them to something that is earthed like a radiator or a bath or a cat or something.
Arthur Slake

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Yes - almost certainly a grounding problem.
Arthur
Chris D.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Solved. Thanks guys.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Local Gentry Forum Index -> -> The Record Room All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: