Local Gentry
Music Discussion
Newborn music ideas
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
 Topic Tags 
There are no Forum Tags

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Local Gentry Forum Index -> -> The Record Room
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
seymour



Joined: 27 Jun 2007

Posts: 82


PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:17 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

And the masterstroke - Bike. "You're the kind of girl that fits in with my world" And her dad's name? Gerald!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IanWagner



Joined: 27 Jun 2007

Posts: 1736


PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:18 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Little Star by the Elegants would be sweet.
And if you wanna sneak the Beatles in, Ain't She Sweet.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
seymour



Joined: 27 Jun 2007

Posts: 82


PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:22 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

IanWagner wrote:
Little Star by the Elegants would be sweet.
And if you wanna sneak the Beatles in, Ain't She Sweet.


Oh yeah. I want Elvis too but can't think of a good one........Teddy Bear doesn't work. Question Question
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IanWagner



Joined: 27 Jun 2007

Posts: 1736


PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:30 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Lotta Elvis to choose from. Hey Little Girl, Angel, Your Time Hasn't Come Yet Baby. Check the album Elvis Sings For Children.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
seymour



Joined: 27 Jun 2007

Posts: 82


PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:31 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Cool. I was thinking Pocketful of Rainbows. "You want a playback?" Doesn't work, though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IanWagner



Joined: 27 Jun 2007

Posts: 1736


PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:33 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Hmmm, there's always Big Boots!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
seymour



Joined: 27 Jun 2007

Posts: 82


PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:47 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

As it stands:

Sweet Adeline - Elliott
Kooks - Bowie
Little Star - Elegants
Baby, Now That I Found You - Foundations
Can't Take My Eyes - Four Seasons
Anew Day - Mary Margaret O'Hara
The Baby Song - Husker Du
Present Joys - Harry Smith/Alabama Sacred Harp.....
Am I Human? - Sinead (actually her son....)
Isn't She Lovely - Little Stevie
Baby (1971) Os Mutantes (even though she doesn't live in the biggest city of South America, it still strangely works)
Sing - The Carpenters
When I Was A Baby - The Donner Party (her introduction to black comedy)
Ain't She Sweet - fabs
Bike - Floyd
What Light - Wilco
Baby Elephant - Joe Raposo
Wonderful - From SMiLE by the Beach Boys
That's The Way Of The World
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jeff Mason



Joined: 27 Jun 2007

Posts: 361
Location: Ohio

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:52 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Not exactly helpful to the current purpose, but several songs that have loomed large in my daughter's life -- "I'm a Believer", sung to her instead of about her, and not intended to be about romance, natch. For lullabies, the obvious one is the closer to the White Album, and I did that one a lot. We did Sweet Caroline, but that won't help you much I think.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IanWagner



Joined: 27 Jun 2007

Posts: 1736


PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:52 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Mmm, that looks good, Seymour. In fact, I think I'll assemble that "baby" for myself!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
seymour



Joined: 27 Jun 2007

Posts: 82


PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:54 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Jeff Mason wrote:
Not exactly helpful to the current purpose, but several songs that have loomed large in my daughter's life -- "I'm a Believer", sung to her instead of about her, and not intended to be about romance, natch. For lullabies, the obvious one is the closer to the White Album, and I did that one a lot. We did Sweet Caroline, but that won't help you much I think.


I'm A Believer was the missing piece. Thanks Jeff.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Leo K



Joined: 27 Jun 2007

Posts: 274
Location: Tucson...with all the smiling ladies!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:56 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

The backing track to You Still Believe In Me (since it was originally about childhood). The backing track to this song reminds me of a Lullaby.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
seymour



Joined: 27 Jun 2007

Posts: 82


PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:58 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Leo K wrote:
The backing track to You Still Believe In Me (since it was originally about childhood). The backing track to this song reminds me of a Lullaby.


Hey Leo! It's going on (that is, your suggestion goes on the list). I'm overnighting it to Athens, GA for her first night home. It's amazing to think this may be the first music she hears! And now I tear up.....

Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Leo K



Joined: 27 Jun 2007

Posts: 274
Location: Tucson...with all the smiling ladies!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:06 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Congratulations man...what a special time!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IanWagner



Joined: 27 Jun 2007

Posts: 1736


PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:16 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

seymour wrote:
Leo K wrote:
The backing track to You Still Believe In Me (since it was originally about childhood). The backing track to this song reminds me of a Lullaby.


Hey Leo! It's going on (that is, your suggestion goes on the list). I'm overnighting it to Athens, GA for her first night home. It's amazing to think this may be the first music she hears! And now I tear up.....

Very Happy Very Happy


What an amazing, powerful, true gift to give. You're a good man, Seymour.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
seymour



Joined: 27 Jun 2007

Posts: 82


PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:57 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

IanWagner wrote:
seymour wrote:
Leo K wrote:
The backing track to You Still Believe In Me (since it was originally about childhood). The backing track to this song reminds me of a Lullaby.


Hey Leo! It's going on (that is, your suggestion goes on the list). I'm overnighting it to Athens, GA for her first night home. It's amazing to think this may be the first music she hears! And now I tear up.....

Very Happy Very Happy


What an amazing, powerful, true gift to give. You're a good man, Seymour.


Thanks man. That means a lot to me. You played a big part. I put Can You Get To That and Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey on there!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Local Gentry Forum Index -> -> The Record Room All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


© 2007 Informe.com. Get Your Own Free Portal.
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

PurplePearl_C 1.02 Theme was programmed by DEVPPL JavaScript Forum
Images were made by DEVPPL Flash Games