Local Gentry
Music Discussion
Neil Young Uploads, Requests Welcome
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Topic Tags 
There are no Forum Tags

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Local Gentry Forum Index -> -> The Record Room
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IanWagner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:48 am    Post subject: Neil Young Uploads, Requests Welcome If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Neil Young and The Santa Monica Flyers
08 November 1973
Apollo Theatre, Glasgow, Scotland

Audience Master Recording > ? > CDR > EAC Secure > FLAC Frontend (Cool

43:04 minutes - Sound: Good (+)
Incomplete show - missing those tunes noted below...modest hiss and
occasional sonic fluctuation. Quite listenable though, and you can hear
all of Neil's conversation.

1. Tonight's The Night
2. Mellow My Mind
World On A String (missing)
Speakin' Out (missing)
3. Albuquerque
4. New Mama > Roll Another Number
Tired Eyes (missing)
Tonight's The Night (missing)
Flying On The Ground Is Wrong (missing)
5. Human Highway
6. Helpless
7. The Losing End
8. Don't Be Denied
9. Cowgirl In The Sand (cuts at 4:35 minutes)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/s6cm49
Chris D.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:53 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Who is this guy? I hear a lot about him.
IanWagner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:01 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

He did Horse With No Name, and he covered a few Dinosaur Jr. songs. Mostly popular in the mid 90's. His backing band Pearl Jam went on to greater fame without him. He's now the Republican senator representing California.
Chris D.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:02 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Ah. I knew this tool was familiar from somewhere. I always dug my dad's 8 track of "I Wanna Be Your Hurricane."
alan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:17 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

He was also one of the sidemen in Crosby Stills & Nash. Can't have done much though cos he wasn't in Woodstock...
IanWagner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:19 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

alan wrote:
He was also one of the sidemen in Crosby Stills & Nash. Can't have done much though cos he wasn't in Woodstock...

Yeah, that was right before Joni Mitchell replaced him, and they played the Isle Of Monterey festival.
trumpet sounds

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:25 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

...he played guitar in Rick James's backup band at Motown
seymour

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:32 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

The music's kind of a sideline to the whole Lionel thing.
IanWagner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:36 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

seymour wrote:

I dunno, I think his arrangements on Say You Say Me and Dancing On The Ceiling were a little, shall I say, "gauche".
seymour

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:44 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

IanWagner wrote:
seymour wrote:

I dunno, I think his arrangements on Say You Say Me and Dancing On The Ceiling were a little, shall I say, "gauche".

Have you heard his She Ain't Heavy, She's My Sister that he did for Nicole?
IanWagner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:46 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

seymour wrote:
IanWagner wrote:
seymour wrote:

I mean, I don't know, is it hip to like that, one year later? Is it too soon?
seymour

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:51 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

IanWagner wrote:
seymour wrote:
IanWagner wrote:
seymour wrote:

I mean, I don't know, is it hip to like that, one year later? Is it too soon?

There's also that I Am A Child remix with Paris screaming "Mom! It isn't fair!" Crazy shit.
IanWagner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:57 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I really hope that version of Revolution Blues/Oops I Stab You Again with Britney (B4LDH34D R3M1XXX) comes out soon.

Any Neil requests?
halleluwah

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:04 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Hmmm...I can think of a hell of a lot of Neil things I'd really LIKE, but let's keep it simple, I guess. The only '76 Crazy Horse show I have is an Osaka one that has crazy clipping all over the electric set that renders it pretty unlistenable. If there's a really good 75/76 era show you have at the ready, I'd love to hear it.

Alternately, there are about a third of the songs supposedly slated for Homegrown I've never heard; if there's some sort of attempted reconstruction of that album somewhere, I'd love to hear that.

Are there any alternate takes floating around of the original Crazy Horse jams (I seem to recall reading once about an unedited studio Down By the River that had an intense live, rather than overdubbed, vocal on it, for instance), or hell, ANY alternate takes from his studio albums?

Or hell, a Shocking Pinks or International Harvesters show? I don't have any of those...

Or a good-quality, full Time Fades Away-era show, even though I know you don't like them?

Aw hell, just about anything would be welcome. I trust your judgement; what do I NEED to hear (aside from what I WANT to hear, which is, like, everything)?
halleluwah

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:06 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Thanks for the Glasgow show, by the way. i think I've got about four or so TTN shows now, and all of them are very, very welcome. I love that shit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Local Gentry Forum Index -> -> The Record Room All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: