Local Gentry
Music Discussion
Neil Diamond
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Topic Tags 
There are no Forum Tags

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Local Gentry Forum Index -> -> The Record Room
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IanWagner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:29 am    Post subject: Neil Diamond If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

A Modern-Day Version of Love:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtndJRxX7kI

If you can watch this and not reaise what a genius this guy is, there's no hope for you.
hope chest

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:20 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

neil diamond is a FUCKING GENIUS. naysayers will be met at the flagpole after school for one serious fucking flogging. then we'll get high and i'll make you listen until you understand.

i have at least 20 neil cds. my major vinyl collection (all the bang records, everything til the 80s, almost every 7" single) went up in a house fire and i've not come anywhere near replacing it all, but have gotten a few of my faves (brother love's travelling salvation show!) since. by the time i was 10 i'd seen neil in concert at least 4 times. the man and his band are amazing.

bring on the neil.
Dude'll Doo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:25 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Whew, that was really good.
Love Neil, but was not familiar with that tune till now.
Yikes.
Leo K

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:45 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I really miss my I am I Said album on vinyl...great album. Could someone up this? Please?

http://georgannename.blogspot.com/
IanWagner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:50 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Ya mean Stones?
hope chest

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:35 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

he's gotta mean "stones" - one of my fave neil albums ever. i can upload if someone doesn't already have a download link handy.
IanWagner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:37 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I'm thinking about putting the complete UNI set up. After the complete Bang stuff.
Fancy Lad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:39 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Wow, he really lets it all hang out here. This is great.
IanWagner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:40 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Thought you would dig that.
hope chest

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:40 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

IanWagner wrote:
I'm thinking about putting the complete UNI set up. After the complete Bang stuff.

yes, AFTER the bang stuff!!! those bang records are so brilliant. we had "do it!" on 8-track and vinyl growing up, so we could listen to it in the car and at home.
Leo K

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:28 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

hope chest wrote:
he's gotta mean "stones" - one of my fave neil albums ever. i can upload if someone doesn't already have a download link handy.

Yup...I meant the Stones album Cool

http://georgannename.blogspot.com/
IanWagner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:38 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Right on. It's gonna happen tomorrow, Neil day!
zelilgirlI1ncenu

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:35 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Watching this video, I could not help making a link between Neil and Edith Piaf, I think it is quite appropriate in fact.

No affectation in either of these singers, just the song and pure voice.

So Neil day today? Yeee peee!
Matinee Idyll (129)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:00 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Never thought I'd get the chance to say I was inside Neil Diamond...

That really was an incredible performance by a guy I know shamefully little about. Hot August Night, and a yellowy/golden album my grandmother loves are all I know.
"...A white dress she had on. She was carrying a white parasol. I only saw her for one second. She didn't see me at all, but I'll bet a month hasn't gone by since that I haven't thought of that girl."
The Grand Fromage

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:16 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Last edited by The Grand Fromage on Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Local Gentry Forum Index -> -> The Record Room All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: