Local Gentry
Music Discussion
Hey you! What are you listening to right now?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23

Topic Tags 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Local Gentry Forum Index -> -> The Record Room
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jake

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:16 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

DavidLeeRoth wrote:
Jake wrote:

Excellent choice sir!

DLR

Thanks. Heard This?:
luther

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:18 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Their first and still their best:

Voxtrot, "Raised By Wolves" EP.
"I don't think that the American species is so debased that they have given up on all hope of a cultural life. It's just that they have no concept of how to achieve it ... [S]tuff in a museum is dead. It's cultural necrophilia."

- Frank Zappa
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
alan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:35 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

First time I've played that in.....a very long time, at least 10 years. I think it might have been the first Lou Reed LP I bought - it was certainly the first time I heard any Velvet Underground songs.

Sounds great still, different, but wonderful in its own over the top way.
DavidLeeRoth

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:34 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Jake wrote:

Thanks. Heard This?:
[/quote]

Not yet is it similar to the Notwist album?

DLR
Don't Back Down

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:21 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Currently listening to: Doctors, Professors, Kings & Queens: The Big 'Ol Box of New Orleans
Jake

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Thee Milkshakes - The Knights of Trashe & 19th Nervous Shakedown
halleluwah

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Ilicitly listening to the Hank Williams Mother's Best Flour shows at work here. Hot damn.

www.myspace.com/thenovaheatband
luther

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

"I don't think that the American species is so debased that they have given up on all hope of a cultural life. It's just that they have no concept of how to achieve it ... [S]tuff in a museum is dead. It's cultural necrophilia."

- Frank Zappa
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Becky

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

luther wrote:
That's the perfect summer album, and I know that sounds weird because some of the lyrics deal with winter themes (The River). There's just something perfect about listening to Blue in summer.
alan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Traffic live in Santa Monica 1972. Just got off a blog and damn its good!!!!

Live album quality and Dear Mr Fantasy!

Yowsa!
halleluwah

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:56 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Neil Young solo in St. Louis, 4/14/99. I was 18 at the time and desperately wanted to go to the show, but came down with a 103 degree fever and stayed bedridden all week. Just found it on a blog that Alan was kind enough to link me to a few weeks ago, and it's great. "Philadelphia"...whew.

www.myspace.com/thenovaheatband
whyzacre

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Bangles. What a geek.
IanWagner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:09 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Dance Dance Dance Take 15.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Local Gentry Forum Index -> -> The Record Room All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23
Page 23 of 23

Jump to: