Local Gentry
Music Discussion
Hey you! What are you listening to right now?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 21, 22, 23  Next

Topic Tags 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Local Gentry Forum Index -> -> The Record Room
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steak

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Julian Cope-You gotta problem with me
Still worth hearing this guy's instant music....very first takey,social commentary freak outs...available on Head Heritage
Howling Hex-6
Neil Michael Haggerty always brings it,and his Howling Hex have nearly equaled some of his best boogie period RTX
Thurston Moore-Trees outside the Academy
Tunefull,acoustic,poppy and at times gothic.Just what you'd expect from a mega record collecting punk/noise veteran GodHead
IanWagner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Welcome, Steak!
alan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

steak wrote:
Julian Cope-You gotta problem with me
Still worth hearing this guy's instant music....very first takey,social commentary freak outs...available on Head Heritage
Howling Hex-6
Neil Michael Haggerty always brings it,and his Howling Hex have nearly equaled some of his best boogie period RTX
Thurston Moore-Trees outside the Academy
Tunefull,acoustic,poppy and at times gothic.Just what you'd expect from a mega record collecting punk/noise veteran GodHead

Welcome too!

I used to be a big Cope fan - have most albums from the Teardrops first up to 20 Mothers but I've lapsed since then and almost everything I have is on vinyl which i can't listen to at the moment, but I have huge affection for him. Need to dig into his stuff again!
alan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Just picked this up in Camden yesterday for the bargain price of £12 for a triple CD - lots of unreleased stuff in with the ones I had already - and a FANTASTIC alternate version of 'A Sailors Life' by Fairport without Swarbrick's violin so there is a lot more Thompson. Absolutely brilliant.

Only played the first two CD's so far but what a great package. Very Happy
alby

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:54 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I'm listening to a new CD I got just a few days ago, Dusty Springfield's LP "Where am I going?".

IanWagner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

That's a real fave.
Beckner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Alby's good company, I'd say.

I keep thinking "Alby Singer."
Andy B

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Currently on the Great Society Collectors Item (both the live albums on one disc). Fantastic stuff. Show themselves to be the equal of the early Jefferson Airplane songwise, but perhaps not quite musically having the chops.

My Grace Slick infatuation continues without any sign of slacking.
Jeff Mason

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

alan wrote:

Just picked this up in Camden yesterday for the bargain price of £12 for a triple CD - lots of unreleased stuff in with the ones I had already - and a FANTASTIC alternate version of 'A Sailors Life' by Fairport without Swarbrick's violin so there is a lot more Thompson.

Is this the same cut with Swarb mixed out, or a whole other track?
halleluwah

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Jeff Mason wrote:
alan wrote:

Just picked this up in Camden yesterday for the bargain price of £12 for a triple CD - lots of unreleased stuff in with the ones I had already - and a FANTASTIC alternate version of 'A Sailors Life' by Fairport without Swarbrick's violin so there is a lot more Thompson.

It's a totally different take, as I remember. More prominent guitar in the jam at the end. It's been a while since I heard it.

www.myspace.com/thenovaheatband
alan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:18 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

halleluwah wrote:
Jeff Mason wrote:
alan wrote:

It's a totally different take, as I remember. More prominent guitar in the jam at the end. It's been a while since I heard it.

Correct - recorded at an earlier session - the guitar is the only solo instrument now and is bloody great! Now heard the whole 3 CD's and there are a lot of ace alternate versions to be found on it - none of which overlap with the recent box set!
DavidLeeRoth

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:08 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Jake wrote:

Excellent choice sir!

DLR
The Grand Fromage

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:22 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Damien Dempsey

Summer's my heart
Tuxedo Kiddd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Used to be my favorite Friday night album.
Pat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:32 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I'm rocking two albums really hard for the last few days:

Clinic - Internal Wrangler ... If you've never heard this album, do yourself a favor and get a copy for 5 or 6 bucks on amazon, it's tremendous. It's a mix of really spooky harmonica, surf guitar, and indie garage rock with a very unique atmosphere. Sounds even better during autumn!

Animal Collective - Strawberry Jam ... Out officially in September but it's of course doing the rounds already on the blogs and p2p sites. It's fucking rad. Sounds to me like a less dark and even more melodic take on their last record, Feels. If you just want a taste, start with the 3 best songs which are "For Reverend Green", "Unsolved Mysteries", and "Winter Wonder Land". Sidenote, I've personally never heard of something like this but AC's members not only are registered members of the "collected animals" messageboard but they post regularly and answer any and all fan questions about releases, lyrics, song meanings, live shows, recording sessions, it's really refreshing to see.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Local Gentry Forum Index -> -> The Record Room All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 22 of 23

Jump to: