Local Gentry
Music Discussion
Guess Who rocks! Bachman rocks! Cummings lame.

Topic Tags 
There are no Forum Tags

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Local Gentry Forum Index -> -> The Record Room
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sonofwhyzacre

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Guess Who rocks! Bachman rocks! Cummings lame. If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

What's up with this picture?
Why is most of the Guess Who's material so good?! Some of Randy Bachman's BTO stuff is pretty good. And most all of Burton Cummings solo material blows chunks? Stand Tall was his only real hit tune, and that is not all that good.

Chat it up!
halle2wah

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Hmmm. You're right about Cummings's solo stuff blowing chunks, but I think BTO blows chunks pretty hard too, actually. I do like the early Guess Who stuff, though. My guess is that Bachman's Budweiser cock-rock tendencies balanced out Cummings's schlockmeister ambitions, and vice-versa. When separated from each other, they both gave free reign to their own worst tendencies, I think, and neither was ever nearly as good again.

www.myspace.com/thenovaheatband
sonofwhyzacre

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Maybe Bachman's stuff isn't all that good either, but he did have a slew of hits, post Guess Who, once Cummings gave him the boot from his own band!

A few summers ago, The Guess Who performed BTO's 'Looking Out For Number One' and it was pretty damn good! I'm surprised Cummings ego let that song become a Guess Who toon.

This thread was inspired by the fact that I actually heard the Guess Who's Dancin' Fool on the radio today at lunch time!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Local Gentry Forum Index -> -> The Record Room All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: