Local Gentry
Music Discussion
Gram Parsons Archive series vol 1

Topic Tags 
There are no Forum Tags

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Local Gentry Forum Index -> -> The Record Room
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject: Gram Parsons Archive series vol 1 If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Reviewed today in the new UNCUT is vol 1 of what we must assume to be a series - which is the Flying Burritos live at the Avalon Ballroom - something that was posted by Ian a while ago on the old board, but it may be a better copy anyway. Wonder what future volumes will pull up - the label is Amoeba.

Interesting!

Last edited by alan on Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:22 am; edited 1 time in total
mozelly

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:32 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I'm lost , is this a bootleg series or releases that will be at retail outlets?

kirt
IanWagner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:35 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Official.

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2007/06/gram-parsons-li.html
mozelly

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:50 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

thank you for the link. It sounds great, I hope it really happens.

kirt
Andy B

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Hey, thanks for the link. This is good to hear. I hope that it does make it out. Sounds like it has been planned for quite a while now.

I know i have one show from the Avalon Ballroom on bootleg (think it was originally from a Radio broadcast or something). Not sure which set i've got, will have to check my disc out, though hopefully this release will be in better sound quality, though if i recall correctly the bootleg didn't sound too bad.

Are there any other Burrito Brothers live shows circulating? I have a couple of Gram solo shows, and i think a Byrds show with Gram playing (The Piper Club, i think??).
IanWagner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:56 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Yeah, there's a great one from the Atlanta Pop Festival, and some really atmospheric audience recordings from their main stomping grounds, the Palomino Club in North Hollywood.
Andy B

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Hmmm. Think i might have that one from the Palamino, stashed away in my case of bootlegs. Is it called something like Saddle Up The Palamino? I will have to go try and unearth it. Some of these discs i have never gotten round to listening to. It's all too much!!!
IanWagner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:57 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Andy B wrote:
Hmmm. Think i might have that one from the Palamino, stashed away in my case of bootlegs. Is it called something like Saddle Up The Palamino? I will have to go try and unearth it. Some of these discs i have never gotten round to listening to. It's all too much!!!

Yep, that's the title. A loose, drunken, glorious, shambolic set played to a very miniscule scattering of applause. Which meets up exactly with my friend Pamela's descriptions of those shows.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Local Gentry Forum Index -> -> The Record Room All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: