Local Gentry
Music Discussion
Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga

Topic Tags 
There are no Forum Tags

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Local Gentry Forum Index -> -> The Record Room
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:08 am    Post subject: Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Hell yeah! I finally listened to this, Spoon's new record, and it totally kills as everyone who's heard it has been saying. Every track does something for me, every single damn one. But of course there's always one or two stone classics on Spoon albums. On this one it's clear that "Finer feelings" is the IT track. A more hair-raising pop-rock tune you may not hear for a while. What I love about it, and this is true for the rest of the songs also, is how cleverly it's arranged. There's all sorts of great ideas that flit by and their gone. "You got yer cherry bomb" is my second favorite track, followed by "Don't you evah" and "The underdog". I don't even think any of these great songs are the first single either! I think "The ghost of you lingers" was the first single (and it's astounding as well!). Who has heard this album so far?
MoogDroog

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:17 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I got a really good first impression of it after a couple of listens, but it's kinda got lost in the shuffle with loads of other music. I'm a big Spoon fan and thought it sounded pretty much as good as Gimme Fiction so i'm looking forward to letting it settle in a bit more with me. Maybe nothing as good as My Mathematical Mind?

Hey, have you heard Britt Daniel's cover of Bring It On Home To Me? It's wonderful. Somehow, having a guy with one of the ugliest sounding voices ever (though i love it) covering a song by a guy with the sweetest sounding voice ever.. works! It shouldn't, but it does. I'll upload it tonight if you dont't have it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Local Gentry Forum Index -> -> The Record Room All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: