Local Gentry
Music Discussion
Flo and Eddie - a question - help me!

Topic Tags 
There are no Forum Tags

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Local Gentry Forum Index -> -> The Place For Everything Else!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sparkydog1725

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:48 pm    Post subject: Flo and Eddie - a question - help me! If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Can SOMEBODY please help me? This is making me crazy. Flo and Eddie once had a regular column in some rock magazine in what must have been the mid-70's. The premise was: they did "blind" listens to new songs, tried to guess the artist and generally made very funny, often barbed comments in the process.

What was this in (Trouser Press? Creem??), what was the column called, and are archives of it available on the net???
trumpet sounds

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:30 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

It was called "Blind Date" and it appeared in the free "Phonograph Record Magazine" that you would find in a pile at the front of your favorite record store.

I believe "Phonograph Record Magazine" was edited by Greg Shaw and first featured writers such as Metal Mike Saunders and Jaan Uhelzski. It stoped publishing in March 1979.

I have never seen reprints on the internet. You can buy old copies on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/PHONOGRAPH-RECORD-MAGAZINE-1975-THE-WHO-LITTLE-FEAT_W0QQitemZ330040680950QQihZ014QQcategoryZ2312QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem
sparkydog1725

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:19 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Wow - no wonder I couldn't remember - haven't thought of Phonograph Record Magazine in a long time. Thanks!
Don

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Hey sparky,

That avitar is a little weird.

Did Phil morph into Brian or vice versa?
Steve

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I always thought it was the bass player from the Hair Bear Bunch
sparkydog1725

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:43 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Don wrote:
Hey sparky,

That avitar is a little weird.

Did Phil morph into Brian or vice versa?

It's all Phil except for Brian's face
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Local Gentry Forum Index -> -> The Place For Everything Else! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: