Local Gentry
Music Discussion
Cooking shows.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Topic Tags 
There are no Forum Tags

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Local Gentry Forum Index -> -> The Place For Everything Else!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
halleluwah

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:19 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

We must never mention this conversation in his presence.

www.myspace.com/thenovaheatband
andy rooney

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:25 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

nigella should play wonder woman.

i like the caprial and john cooking show. they are local, you can walk down to their restaurant and watch the cameras roll. pretty neat. a married couple, both chefs, both really annoying...their dynamic is insane sometimes.
zelilgirlI1ncenu

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Nick wrote:

What's the weirdest thing you've eaten? I've had durian, no prob. Congealed pork blood? Sting ray? Jellyfish? Sawgrass?

Possibly curried dried insects and they were yummy. Otherwise ya know, snails, but no big deal for me.

My grand parents used to take me on snail hunts regularly. I know all about how to make snails edible. You cant just eat them just picked. They have to starve for 3 days or so before they are suitable for human consumption. So you do this in your sink with a metal grid over them so that they dont escape and then you boil them, after which the shell and body part company... Shall I say more ?

Then of course there is the famous rabbit in blood sauce. I know how to kill a rabbit (humanely), skin it, save the blood, stop it from congealing etc...

Maybe I could make a cookery programme? Wink
Nick

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

zelilgirlI1ncenu wrote:

Then of course there is the famous rabbit in blood sauce. I know how to kill a rabbit (humanely), skin it, save the blood, stop it from congealing etc...

Maybe I could make a cookery programme? Wink

Maybe I should marry you instead of Nigella! That's pretty damn cool Daniele.

Insects and shellfish--anything with an exoskeleton I have an aversion to so you beat me there.

Coq au Vin? Alligator? Rattlesnake? Stuffed ponce? Tripe? Beef Tendons?
IanWagner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

DANG! That's a honey. But I already got one.
Nick

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I know. Tell me about it lover--Macready is always ready!
Bubba Ho-Tep

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:14 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

You called down the thunder, well now you got it!
luther

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

zelilgirlI1ncenu wrote:
Do any of you actually cook the darn recipes or do you just salivate at the food and presenters?

I love to cook, and do watch the shows for ideas. I never actually note the exact recipes and try to recreate them, though.
"I don't think that the American species is so debased that they have given up on all hope of a cultural life. It's just that they have no concept of how to achieve it ... [S]tuff in a museum is dead. It's cultural necrophilia."

- Frank Zappa
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
PeteS

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

zelilgirlI1ncenu wrote:
Do any of you actually cook the darn recipes or do you just salivate at the food and presenters?

Certanly, - and Nigella's recipes actually work best than most. I also watch to get ideas.
zelilgirlI1ncenu

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Nigella's ham in coke rules, and so does her clementine cake, made with no flour, and about 250 gr of almonds instead.
PeteS

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:00 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

zelilgirlI1ncenu wrote:
Nigella's ham in coke rules,

Oh Yes!!! - and I think she has a Dr Pepper version now.......
IanWagner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:18 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISe-GW3h_gg&mode=related&search=
hope chest

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

luther wrote:
zelilgirlI1ncenu wrote:

I love to cook, and do watch the shows for ideas. I never actually note the exact recipes and try to recreate them, though.

that's me exactly. i had a mate who would sit with a notebook and try to write it all down. i'd see something and say "oh wow - that's a great idea..." and she'd get mad and SHHHHHH! me.
Susan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

You beat me to it, Becky - *i'd* marry Nigella if i played on that team!

I love cooking shows, and i love to cook. I tend more towards searching foodtv.com for recipes than taking them right from the shows, however.
Laurie Arleen

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:00 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I like watching Paula Deen, because I get a kick out of hearing that southern accent! Plus, most of what she makes looks positively yummy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Local Gentry Forum Index -> -> The Place For Everything Else! All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: