Local Gentry
Music Discussion
Bobbie Gentry
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Topic Tags 
There are no Forum Tags

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Local Gentry Forum Index -> -> The Record Room
View previous topic :: View next topic  
you gotta be kidding me

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:41 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Ha ha, are the other two "Sing Along With Mitch" records?
Jeff Mason

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:05 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

IanWagner wrote:
Beckner wrote:
!!! Jeez, Jeff, I could wallpaper my house with all the copies of "Whipped Crea," I've flipped past over the years in thrift stores.

Yep, one of the top three ubiquitous thrift-store albums.

So why can't I ever find it when I want it? Not for lack of trying.

All I ever see are Hall and Oates or Chicago records...
halleluwah

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:32 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Jeff Mason wrote:
IanWagner wrote:
Beckner wrote:
!!! Jeez, Jeff, I could wallpaper my house with all the copies of "Whipped Crea," I've flipped past over the years in thrift stores.

Yep, one of the top three ubiquitous thrift-store albums.

So why can't I ever find it when I want it? Not for lack of trying.

All I ever see are Hall and Oates or Chicago records...
Might be a regional thing. We live in the midwest, where that cover may have been considered a little too risque for as many people to be buying in the mid-60s as there were on the coasts. It actually took me quite a while to find a decent copy of that record. Around here, the most ubiquitous thrift-store records are usually Mantovani, Tennessee Ernie Ford gospel albums, Lawrence Welk; that type of stuff. The things old people listened to in the 60s.

No matter how culturally conservative where you live is, where I live is very likely more so still.
dauntless9

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

- "Hey, I'm a big fan of hard panning, what can I say."
Summ-a-Briz'

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

those Bobbie and James Taylor/Donovan recordings that were upped on the old board, what was the story with those. Those are so good. That JT version of Country Road is amazing.
Becky

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Happy birthday Bobbie!
Nick

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Happy b-day Ms. Gentry.

Beckner wrote:

I had a friend in college who did exactly this. The gradations of green: sunbleached to dark mint was extraordinary.
andy rooney

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

dolores erickson, covered in shaving cream, was 3 months pregnant during shooting.

on wallpapering a house with them: http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://franklarosa.com/vinyl/BigImg/wc.jpg&imgrefurl=http://franklarosa.com/vinyl/Exhibit.jsp%3FAlbumID%3D39&h=928&w=906&sz=152&hl=en&start=0&tbnid=O0QejMfmnnN_XM:&tbnh=147&tbnw=144&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dherb%2Balpert%2Bwhipped%2Bcream%26gbv%3D2%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG

and here is her website! http://www.vinyltimes.com/
Becky

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

OH WOW:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Dq4Dksv5eg
IanWagner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

NO WAY!
Becky

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3Kz3MXsqew&mode=related&search=

How sweet her speaking voice is. Let alone THAT singing voice.
Becky

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:08 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

AND:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8HiMwiW5IM&mode=related&search=
IanWagner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Aww shit, Bing RULES!!!
Becky

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Those clips just made my day.
IanWagner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

She is too incredible in that clip with Tiny and Bing. A figure of supernatural wonder.What's with that dress? Geez, Lou-weez!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Local Gentry Forum Index -> -> The Record Room All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: