Local Gentry
Music Discussion
Beastie Boys Mix Up
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Topic Tags 
There are no Forum Tags

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Local Gentry Forum Index -> -> The Record Room
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeff Mason

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: Beastie Boys Mix Up If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Long time posters will know I don't enjoy rap or hip hop, so I have never cozied up to this band. But this morning while troubleshooting a connectivity issue with a co-worker in his cube, I heard some pretty groovy music. I commented that it was good stuff; he told me it was the latest from the Beastie Boys. A few hours later he dropped me a copy off to listen to of the whole thing. And darn if I don't like it so far. It's all instrumental, fairly laid back and hypnotic stuff, with a nice mix of modern and classic rock sounds.

Anyone else here know about this/can comment? So far I likey.
Becky

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I love them.

A Beastie Boys thread started by JEFF MASON?

Wink
Becky

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

You must have been listening to 'The In Sound from the Way Out'.
IanWagner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

No, it's The Mix Up. The new one.
Jeff Mason

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

IanWagner wrote:
No, it's The Mix Up. The new one.

So what do you think, Mr. Wagner?
IanWagner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:11 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I think it's amazing. But I'm a big fan of them. You will love the one Becky mentioned as well.
Becky

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I have to say they're looking much sexier in their older years, too. I like the suits and the grey-flecked hair look:

Chris D.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:57 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Becky wrote:
I love them.

A Beastie Boys thread started by JEFF MASON?

Wink

My exact thoughts. Tomorrow we can expect The Housemartins by Capt. Bringdown and Beckner's take on Pussy Galore.

I have a feeling that you'd like more of their later stuff than you think, Jeff. I haven't heard the new one, but it may be a doorway into more of their material than you'd think you'd like. And when you fall hard, just promise you'll change your name to "Hello Nasty."
Jake

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:15 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Chris D. wrote:
....just promise you'll change your name to "Hello Nasty."

or Egg Man
IanWagner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:28 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Brass Mason.
Jake

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:31 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

B-Boy Bouillabaisse
IanWagner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:33 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Jesus's Boutique
Jake

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:37 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Professor Booty
IanWagner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:40 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Fight For Your Right To Not Party
Fancy Lad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:44 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I think Beckner definitely should check out Pussy Galore. Somebody upload Corpse Love pronto!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Local Gentry Forum Index -> -> The Record Room All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: