Local Gentry
Music Discussion
BB Friends Convention - the excitement builds!

Topic Tags 
There are no Forum Tags

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Local Gentry Forum Index -> -> The Record Room
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Susan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:44 pm    Post subject: BB Friends Convention - the excitement builds! If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Can you believe it?! Andrew G. Doe and Dominic Priore in the room together, sharing their knowledge and signing autographs - - it's a Beach Boys fan's dream, and it will be a reality on Saturday, 18 August in Southbury CT!

Here's what we have on tap so far: Andrew will present his Q&A session which has been so well received in the UK. Dominic will give his "beatnik beach" slide show, which traces the roots of surf music through the beach coffee houses in and around LA in the early '60s. Duophonic will provide musical interludes, we'll talk to Al Jardine on the phone at some point, there will be a raffle, videos, and other surprises, and we will have a full-blown sing-along in the evening! If you have a guitar or another instrument, bring it along - the more the merrier! Song books will be provided.

ALSO - barring unforseen difficulties, i WILL have t-shirts! The logo is in the last stages of design, and as soon as i have it i will share it with you all. If you would like to order a t-shirt, please email me at hobielang@aol.com with your size. They will be $20 each.

Registration is $50, payable by PayPal to me at hobielang@aol.com or payable at the door. Any questions should also be addressed to me at that email address.

I'm looking forward to seeing many of you on the 18th!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Local Gentry Forum Index -> -> The Record Room All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: