Local Gentry
Music Discussion
Ahh, Forget It
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Topic Tags 
There are no Forum Tags

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Local Gentry Forum Index -> -> The Record Room
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IanWagner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:30 am    Post subject: Ahh, Forget It If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Dion and Phil Spector made this album in 1974. It wasn't even released in the US. It is truly one of the most heart-rending, dark pop albums ever released. For me, it is the absolute sum total masterwork of Spector's career, let alone Dion's. The track In And Out Of The Shadows is impossible for me to listen to without tears. This is Spector's Pet Sounds. Please listen and comment.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/s0ravx

Last edited by IanWagner on Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Jake

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:37 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Thanks Ian! Am downloading now.
Jeff Mason

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:53 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Holy mother of...

I mean, I can't freaking believe...

I mean, how come this bombed? How come it isn't celebrated by fans everywhere?

I mean, is it in print?
IanWagner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:54 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Quote:
How come it isn't celebrated by fans everywhere?

I thought it was.

Yeah, it is on an Ace twofer with the lame Streetheart.
Jeff Mason

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:55 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I have just vaguely heard of it and not in glowing terms. Sort of came across in the stuff I read as a vanity project by Spector or something. Certainly nothing to have indicated that the music was this great.
IanWagner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:58 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Well, it's kinda like Pacific Ocean Blue but a lot better (and I love POB).
Jake

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:59 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Here's the twofer Jeff:
http://www.amazon.com/Born-Be-You-Streetheart-[url]Dion/dp/B000059RHW/ref=m_art_li_12/102-5778566-4901725[/url]

Looks like you can get it for about $12.00 from the Amazon sellers.
Jeff Mason

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:59 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

This is the fidelity I wish that his 60's stuff could have had. This is the best sound Spector ever had, and that includes All Things Must Pass.
IanWagner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:00 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Jeff Mason wrote:
This is the fidelity I wish that his 60's stuff could have had. This is the best sound Spector ever had, and that includes All Things Must Pass.

I couldn't agree more. You also need to hear the Leonard Cohen he produced, if you haven't, as well as the amazing Cher single.
Jeff Mason

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:04 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

That's a no to both (as well as to the Ramones album).
IanWagner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:05 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Wow. You'll love the Ramones one.
Fancy Lad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:13 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Jeff Mason wrote:

You mean you flat refuse to listen? Wha .. ?
Jeff Mason

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:30 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Fancy Lad wrote:
Jeff Mason wrote:

???

The question was have you heard these. The answer is no to all. Where did "refuse" come in?
Chris D.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:33 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Jeff Mason wrote:
Fancy Lad wrote:
Jeff Mason wrote:

???

The question was have you heard these. The answer is no to all. Where did "refuse" come in?

It wasn't a question. He said you have to hear them, and you said, "No to both."

edit: Maybe Andy kind of "skipped" the "if you haven't" part, too. I didn't really notice it. But you see why he reacted that way?
Fancy Lad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:36 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Chris D. wrote:
Jeff Mason wrote:
Fancy Lad wrote:
Jeff Mason wrote:

???

It wasn't a question. He said you have to hear them, and you said, "No to both."

edit: Maybe Andy kind of "skipped" the "if you haven't" part, too. I didn't really notice it. But you see why he reacted that way?

That's how I read it. Mason is a total no-goodnik anyway. Troublemaker. Better look over your shoulder when you go out to get the paper in the morning, pally. Better wear rubber gloves.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Local Gentry Forum Index -> -> The Record Room All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: